How do I Enrol

To enrol in one of our courses, simply click here  or if you have any questions please contact the ADAQ Training team [email protected] or call 07 3252 9866.

When is the next intake?

There is no set intake period. As ADAQ Training is 100% online*, you can enrol and start at any time. This means you can access our courses and your training 24/7 at a time that is convenient for you.

*For Cert IV (Radiology specialty) , students will be required to complete a 1 week radiology prac at the ADAQ facilities in Bowen Hills, Queensland.

How can I pay for my course?

Students may choose to pay in full at time of enrolment (credit card), or opt to pay via payment plan and pay instalments via EFT or credit card. Students who pay in full receive a discount of $150 off the full course cost. Please click here  for course costs and payment plan requirements.

Can I get my invoice for course fees in my practice name?

Yes. At the beginning of the enrolment process you are required to create an account with ADAQ Training and nominate your practice. Students must complete the Organisation field to ensure we can issue an invoice containing your practice name.

If I get my qualification with ADAQ Training, will it be nationally recognised?

The Australian Dental Association (Queensland Branch) Union of Employers (RTO No. 30621) is a registered training organisation approved to deliver the HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting and HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting in all Australian states and territories. Qualifications completed with ADAQ are nationally recognised.

When will I be able to access my learning material?

You will be able to access full course learning materials within five (5) business days of completing all enrolment requirements.

Can I complete the course sooner?

Yes, the course is self-paced and must be completed within the time frame set for the course. However, students may progress through their studies to complete their assessment activities earlier than this schedule if they wish.

Students attending the radiography workshops will be required to complete specific theoretical components of the course prior to enrolling in the workshops to ensure they meet licencing requirements. Students will be informed when workshops become available and it is recommended that students book into a workshop as soon as they are eligible to avoid any delays in course completion.

What are the expectations of self-paced learning?

ADAQ Training is committed to supporting every student to achieve their best, however it is expected and required that you will undertake the necessary self-paced learning in order to complete the course requirements. Upon enrolment students will have access to all required resources and are therefore able to work at their own pace to complete all required assessments prior to the scheduled completion date. ADAQ Training provides all students with a qualification schedule which outlines the expected progression required for a student to successfully complete a course within the specified duration.

How many hours per week will I need to spend on study?

The number of hours per week you study will depend on the qualification you enrol in and will vary between students.

Generally, ADAQ Training expects that students will complete one unit of study per month to complete their qualification within the specified course duration. Usually 2-5 hours of study per week is sufficient to meet this requirement, however this can vary depending on the individual circumstances of the student, their learning, and engagement in the workplace.

If I am not employed in a dental practice, can I still enrol with ADAQ Training?

No. Unfortunately ADAQ Training cannot accept enrolment if you are unemployed. ADAQ Training cannot provide students with work placements and students must be employed by a dental practice and working a minimum of 12 hours a week to successfully complete qualification with ADAQ Training.

What is the difference between Recognition of prior learning and credit transfer?

Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is a process that assesses your prior competency in each unit (which can have been acquired through formal or informal learning) to determine if you meet the requirements for a specific unit of study.

Credit Transfer (CT) is available to students when they have previously completed the same unit. Students are not expected to repeat any unit which they have previously been assessed as being competent. When providing credit transfer the unit name and code on the unit previously completed must be the same as the unit which the student is applying to gain credit transfer.

Do you offer recognition of prior learning (RPL)?

ADAQ Training recognises prior learning and qualifications achieved through formal education and training (credit transfer), and learning achieved outside the formal education and training system.

For more information, please visit the student policy information page  or contact the ADAQ Training team [email protected] or call 07 3252 9866

What does ADAQ Training look for when assessing an RPL application?

All documentation provided by the student when applying for RPL must be:

Authenticity - The assessor must be assured of the authenticity of the material supplied. In other words, it must belong to you.

Performance criteria – All performance criteria contained in each unit or element of competency must be met

Relevance and currency – The skills and knowledge shown must be up-to-date and relevant to the unit.

Theoretical knowledge and practice – The applicant must show an understanding of the theory underpinning the competency and the nature of this theory in practice.

Sufficiency of evidence – The evidence must be of sufficient quantity and quality to prove competency

How can I apply for RPL?

You can apply for RPL during the Certificate III in Dental Assisting enrolment process. If you wish to apply for RPL when enrolling in the Certificate IV in Dental Assisting please contact the training team at [email protected] or call 07 3252 9866.

To ensure ADAQ Training can assess your application for RPL in a timely manner, please ensure you provide the following documents:

  1. Certified copy of previous Certificate III or IV in Dental Assisting record of results.
  2. Certified copy of birth certificate (or if your name has changed a copy of your marriage/divorce/change of name certificate)

What is a Unique student identifier (USI)?

A USI in an individual education identifier issued by the Australian Government – a USI is for life and you only have to create it once. A USI creates an online record of your training attainments in Australia.

If you are undertaking either nationally recognised training, or a higher education qualification, you need a USI in order to obtain your qualification or statement of attainment.

How do I get a unique student identifier?

To create a USI visit

If you have undertaken training since 2015, you likely have a USI. To find your USI visit

Do you accept enrolments from students on a student visa?

No. ADAQ Training is not registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) and as such cannot accept enrolments students visiting Australia on a student visa.

Anything we haven't covered?

Contact our expert team.